Friday 27 January 2017

WHEN MY BABY CRIED


(Isn't Mom always a lovely fairy 
who makes dreams come true?
)

For the world I was a mom one day 
When a tiny little baby came my way 
But I wasn't a mom when I felt 
A life grow up inside me 
I became a mom when I held her 
In my arms 
And she stopped howling 

I wasn't a mom when I carried her around 
Looking pretty 
With matching ribbons in her hair 
I became one, when she scraped her knees 
And tried valiantly to wipe the bleeds, 
And I thought, 'life isn't fair!' 

She went up on stage, and won accolades 
And I was a woman proud 
But she made me a mom when she faltered 
And all I could do was hold her close 
Praying to God to banish her clouds 

Not just for all her hugs and smiles 
And all the moments of glorious joy 
But she truly makes me a mom 
With every single tear 
That agonies of life makes her cry 
And leaves me to wonder why 



MS




No comments:

Post a Comment