Friday 27 January 2017

THE DAYS AFTER…



Some day 
My breath will give up 
And go far away 
Leaving my body bereft 
Of my words 
There will be no more smiles 
Nor tears 
Or tinkling laughing greetings 
To welcome the rising day 
These pulsing waves thro' space
Will be my chosen grave 
My epitaph, one last post 
Sitting atop my Google page 

Many might stop by, to read 
In a somber moment, 
Then quietly go on their way 
Some will come here 
With flowers in their heart 
Reminiscing fondly my passing stay 

Maybe there'll be a few 
Who'll shed a tear or two 
And miss me for a little while 
Would there be someone 
Who would come here often 
To give me a friendly smile 

Would a soul still feel my warmth 
And talk to my lingering wisps 
Giving and taking like ever before 
And swim with the stars 
And play with the breeze 
And walk on warm sandy shores

To that soul who touches tenderly
My thought-streaks upon the sky
I’ll whisper
“I still care as much
  Don’t ever give up
  Each time you need a friend
  Come here,
  You’ll find me standing by….”


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment