Friday 27 January 2017

JEKYLL AND HYDE



Mauled and abused
And a trifle overused
I am stretched shapeless
In the never ending tussle
Between my two selves
One wants laughter
The other sheds tears
One a brave warrior
The other cowed in fear
The exuberance of hope
Against the stoic enduring pain
I watch them bewildered
Struggling to gain
While I quietly go insane

Who do I side with
In this tug of war
Stay with the stark reality
Or with the dreamful soar?
I love the dancing rainbow feet
The call of magical galaxies afar
But dare I ignore the accusing gaze
Of my gloomy ebony avatar!
They are, alas,
Like the night and the stars
Inseparable,
Intense feelings and their scars

I let them play with the bits
Of my torn fragmented heart
In an aching loving duet
Of wistful wailing violins
And joyous gleeful guitars


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment