Friday 27 January 2017

EXPECTANTLY


Like a sluggish river 
I flow 
listlessly 
Life just happened to me 
The bubbling, chattering brook 
seems 
a distant memory 

The rushing cascades 
lost 
but not quite forgotten 
The sea yet a distant shore 
I am lost 
middling somewhere 
Wondering which way to go. 
Many a whirlpool 
I hide 
in the depths 
Of my weary worn soul 
A reminiscence 
of days gone by 
And I still thirst for more 

I live slowly 
in hopeful meanders 
waiting
for the rushing gales
When they can hold back
no more 
the untamed gusts 
come, calling my name 
Once again 
I rise 
ecstatically 
my ripples growing to waves 
Alive 
in a turbulent rendezvous 
of tangled limbs 
and furious ballets 

Why don't you come 
more often 
to my expectant shores
of balmy clime
My heartbeats wait 
for your breaths 
and the whispers 
of a windy chime
To stir up some life
in the frigid foam
and the cooling sands 
of time 
Oh I wish 
you would make your home 
on these pebbly banks 
of mine!



MS




No comments:

Post a Comment