Friday 27 January 2017

HEAVENLY PEOPLE



Words well up in tears
From a laden heart
And sit like pearl drops
Of fresh fallen dew
Each one a world
Lost long ago
Memories relived
Yesterdays renewed

I ache for them
To hug me close
I want them to go
And never come back
To hurt me so
I need to be drowned
In their relentless flow
I wish
They would speak to me
In that well learnt voice
So calm and soothingly slow
And stay with me
To pillow my head
Or hold my hand
Just to say “I’m here”
Once more

When sadness
Becomes stars in the sky
And shines its anguish
On my hurting soul
I let it draw pictures
On my iris dark
Maybe
They will build a gate
And let me traverse
The boundaries
To another world
Just to touch for a moment
The reassuring smiles
Left there
On that day long ago….


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment