Friday 27 January 2017

HEART TO HEART



Thump. Thump. Thump. 
There's a flaming riot in my head 
Romping
Feet walking 
Feet talking 
Secrets of the heart 
Unlocking 

I hear them run 
Helter-skelter 
I feel them dragging 
Wearily 
Sometimes, they tiptoe 
I strain to hear them move 
Hesitantly 
Uncertainly 

At times they dance
With joyous hope
That’s a pleasure to perceive
When sadness
Weighs their spirits down
I feel their burdensome grief.

But I love most
The skipping, flying feet
Their treads
As light as air
Buoyed up by dreams
That make them soar
On upbeat eddies
They ensnare

Whether they stamp
In frustrated ire
Or step gently
With tender care
I welcome the sounds
Of your moving feet
They confide in me
The deepest passions
Of your warm soul
Unaware

The doors are open
Their arms wide in welcome
You may come and go
As you please
At liberty to be
A turbulent storm
Or a quiescent gentle breeze.

It’s a free passage for you
Footloose
With a free rein
No holds barred
Patter, or pad,
Tramp or tap,
Let your dynamic rhythms
Talk to my receiving heart.


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment