Wednesday 25 January 2017

EPIPHANY


Is that the world drowning in the rain 
Or is that just me 
submerged 
in the chaos of living 
Rising for a shaky breath 
again, and again. 
I have lost the distinction, somewhat. 

Who knows what life intends 
What lies beyond its many bends 
Where joy begins 
Where pain ends 
Or does it? 
Well, maybe. And maybe not. 

On and on I flow 
Looking for my destiny 
Lying curled up somewhere 
Under an unsuspecting leaf 
A piece of pristine ivory 
Hiding the precious ebony 
I'm determined to find her out 

I'll rise and fall with the raging storms 
Stop not for a heartbeat 
Until night recedes 
Giving way to a glowing morn 
Until the day 
When the secrets spill out 
Emptying its guts 
And cleansing its mouth 
Until the blessed moment 
Of truth 
When cheese will be cheese 
And chalk will be chalk 
Beyond all possibility of doubt. 

I'll hang on, 
Hold tight, stay strong 
The time will come, for indubitable turnabout. 



MS




No comments:

Post a Comment